12% HUMIC ACID
Concentrated liquid fertilizer works just like compost!
Humus, or compost, is one of the best organic soil conditioners available today. A powerful organic fertilizer made from the remains of decaying organic matter and Leonardite, Humic Acid is a natural component found in manure, peat, and coal.
Humic Acid contains all the nutrients found in compost and sends them directly into the plant soil, allowing for a much faster and easier absorption of nutrients and increased growth and plant stamina. Humic Acid works fast and is easier to apply than traditional compost, and can be used with indoors plants or as an additive to potting soils or other fertilizers or soil conditioners.
Humic Acid is not only full of vitamins, minerals, and nutrients that plants need to grow strong, but it also:
- Penetrates the soil and goes directly to the root
- Stimulates soil organisms, promoting increased growth
- Liquefies existing soil nutrients making them available to plants
- Helps stabilize soil pH levels by increasing bacterial activity
- Increases moisture retention, allowing for more effective water usage
- Bonds soils together, increasing plant stability
For best results, mix two teaspoons of Humic Acid to one quart of water. When used with a wide area applicator, one mixed quart can treat up to 2500 square feet.
Nitrogen levels are crucial to maintaining soil health
Nitrogen is important to life on earth. Nitrogen cycles continually through living and non-living matter, and between soils, water sources, and the atmosphere. This process is known as the Nitrogen cycle and is essential to life on earth.
The primary cycle that nitrogen goes through is as follows:
- Plant and animal wastes decompose, adding nitrogen back into the soil.
- Bacteria breakdown the nitrogen into materials that plants can more readily use.
- Plants use the nitrogen in the soil to grow.
- People and animals eat the plants, then return the nitrogen and start the process all over again.
Nitrogen can also enter the cycle through other methods as well including:
- Pollution from factories or farms
- Organic materials from water treatment plants
The earth’s atmosphere is made up of approximately 78% nitrogen gas. This gas is unavailable to most plant life, however there are some types such as alfalfa, clover, and soybeans that can convert and utilize this type of nitrogen directly.
Nitrogen can be “lost” in the cycle through four processes:
- Denitrification: When Bacteria change nitrates in the soil to atmospheric nitrogen
- Volatilization: When fertilizers and manures on the soil surface turn into gases
- Runoff: When nitrogen in fertilizers and manure and the nitrogen in the soil are carried away by water
- Leaching: When nitrates go so deep into the soil that plants can no longer use them
Although “lost” Nitrogen will eventually return to the soil, it wasn’t able to go through the full cycle and therefore had a diminished benefit to the environment.
Humic Acid ensures the nitrogen in your soil is utilized by your plants to the maximum. Using Humic Acid can help keep your plants growing big and strong, and can give your garden the added boost it needs. Order Humic Acid today and get your plants growing better naturally!
Shipping will be determined by each order.
The freight that shows on this shopping cart is just an estimate. Actual shipping charges will be adjusted.